Project: Burger King 20/20 Energy Efficient Restaurants
Location: Worldwide Burger King Restaurants
Product: GA Anolight (Aluminium) Corrugated Sheets
Specifier: Hurstwood Design Group
Client: Burger King
A core objective of the Burger King 20/20 Energy Efficient Restaurant concept was to create a contemporary, edgy, futuristic look for the Burger King restaurant dining experience. The eco-friendly designs utilise state-of-the-art technologies and renewable energy to power one-third of the restaurant’s energy consumption, in an effort to reduce energy consumption costs and CO2 emissions every year.
Gooding Aluminium’s GA anolight corrugated aluminium sheet plays an integral role in supporting Burger King’s commitment to its corporate social responsibility programme: creating modern design that meets energy efficient elements.
Gooding Aluminium’s flexible anolight ‘wavy’ sheet was specified as a key element in Burger King’s worldwide restaurant renovation programme. Gooding Aluminium’s lightweight Anolight aluminium sheets clad the curved verticals of the futuristic saucer shaped ceiling feature.
The lively flame-red coated aluminium has many green credentials such as being 100% recyclable, a perfect fit with Burger King’s energy efficient, futuristic designs.
To date more than 60 Burger King restaurants have adopted the 20/20 design in cities such as Miami, Mexico City, Edinburgh and Shanghai. The GA anolight aluminium sheets are listed within the Burger King 20/20 Design brand guidelines and will be rolled out into more than 75 cities such as Vancouver, London and Rome by the end of 2010.
Aluminium awareness information
- Aluminium is great for incorporating into environmentally sensitive applications, such as this one.
- Environmentally friendly aluminium is the only recyclable material that more than pays for it’s own re-cycling costs!
- Re-cycling aluminium into new forms only requires 5% of the energy that originally produced it.
- All manufactured aluminium is effectively a stored energy bank for future generations
- Aluminium is only 1/3rd the weight of steel.
- Aluminium’s surface has a self generating and repairing oxide coating which makes it corrosion resistant and therefore less expensive to maintain than steel and other corrodible metals.