Project: Tiger Tiger Bar and Restaurant – VIP White Room
Location: Croydon, Surrey, UK
Product: Aluminium sheet Vertex pattern ref. GA VXM21 Aluminium angle GA 0319
Finish: Mill Finish
Tiger Tiger in Croydon is part of a national bar/restaurant chain. It has recently been refurbished to a high quality specification that includes the infamous VIP White Room. The White Room, designed to give visitors the ‘ultimate clubbing experience’, now benefits from Gooding Aluminium’s Vertex pattern surface protection aluminium sheets surrounding the floor to ceiling columns situated around the dance floor and bar areas.
One of the principal advantages with the closely spaced pyramidal Vertex design is its superior impact resistance and ability to mask scratches and blemishes – a must have for any busy nightclub. Tiger Tiger sees well over a 1000 people through it’s doors each weekend, so the robust nature of the chosen aluminium panels was key in their selection criteria.
Recent tests have shown the Vertex pattern to be 40 x more resistant to surface marking than a plain mill finish aluminium sheet.
Aluminium Angle in mill finish, was also used in a ‘supporting role’ to vertically trim the Vertex panels on the floor to ceiling columns.
For more project and product details you can visit www.goodingalum.com
Aluminium awareness information
- Aluminium is great for incorporating into environmentally sensitive applications
- Environmentally friendly aluminium is the only recyclable material that more thanpays for it’s own re-cycling costs!
- Re-cycling aluminium into new forms only requires 5% of the energy that originally produced it.
- All manufactured aluminium is effectively a stored energy bank for future generations.
- Aluminium is only 1/3rd the weight of steel.
- Aluminium’s surface has a self generating and repairing oxide coating which makes it corrosion resistant and therefore less expensive to maintain than steel and other corrodible metals.
Download the Tiger Tiger case study below:
You can see more images of this award winning project by visiting www.goodingalum.com