Project: Noodle Street Restaurant
Location: Docklands, London
Product: Ver-T-Fix panel system – Anodised Aluminium Panels
Finish: Smooth Matt
Noodle Street restaurant, based in the popular Docklands area, London went through a refurbishment earlier this year which resulted in a brand new seating and bar area. Gooding Aluminium’s anodised Ver-T-Fix panel system was used to clad the bar/counter feature in this contemporary eating establishment. The restaurant has taken on a heady gastronomic challenge: to expand the principally Chinese-based menu, now speckled with speciality dishes from Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Japan and Malaysia.
The restaurant’s owner explained that he has found his way through this Asian maze by employing several chefs with strengths in each area.
The relatively neutral appearance of the new bar counter marries entirely with the surrounding seating area. The secret fixed silky smooth minimalist style matt anodised aluminium panels have been used to offset some of the stronger colours and decorative features within the eatery.
Bar/Counter fascias are just one of the many aluminium products that Gooding Aluminium fabricates for the interiors sector.
Natural Anodised Aluminium provides an attractive matt metallic easy to maintain effect that will normally last for many years. The anodic film is extremely durable, corrosion resistant and light-fast. The anodising process interacts with the surface of the aluminium. For this reason it is important that a suitable aluminium alloy is selected, together with the surface finish being in good condition.
About Anodised Aluminium
Most of our aluminium is kept in anodising grade suitable for processing, and we also stock pre-anodised ‘GA Ano-Sil’ items, ready for immediate dispatch.
Further information can be obtained from visiting our website: www.goodingalum.com
Aluminium awareness information
- Aluminium is great for incorporating into environmentally sensitive applications, such as this one.
- Environmentally friendly aluminium is the only recyclable material that more than pays for it’s own re-cycling costs!
- Re-cycling aluminium into new forms only requires 5% of the energy that originally produced it.
- All manufactured aluminium is effectively a stored energy bank for future generations.
- Aluminium is only 1/3rd the weight of steel.
- Aluminium’s surface has a self generating and repairing oxide coating which makes it corrosion resistant and therefore less expensive to maintain than steel and other corrodible metals.
Follow us on Twitter @Gooding_Alum