These ‘invisibly fixed’ stair nosings/treads are designed with an extended back edge fixing flange, making them suitable for use in interior applications with Ceramics, Marble and Stone flooring.
- Stock profiles are drilled and countersunk@ 300mm centres to suit No.8 (4mm Ø) screws.
- The hosting profiles are to be secured by both tiling adhesive* and screw fixings.
- Before fixing ensure that the substrate is in good, sound condition, and is level, dry and free of dust, dirt etc.
- Apply tiling adhesive to the underside of the hosting profile, filling up all recesses, and position onto the step.
- Screw the hosting profile down using the No.8 csk. (4mm Ø) screws into (plugged) holes, ensuring csk. head finishes flush and not
- proud of the top surface of the channel recess.
- Remove the paper from the double sided tape on the underside of the tread insert. Offer up the insert to the front nosing edge and
- press firmly into position.
- Please note that on anodised stock lengths, jig or clamp marks are unavoidable: they are usually positioned on the extreme ends or
- edges of the material and will need to be cut away before fixing.
- * Tiling adhesive should be applied in accordance with manufacturers instructions and attention paid to curing and ambient
- temperature conditions.
- These profiles are intended for interior environments only.