Solihull School opened the doors of the David Turnbull Music School in Spring 2010. The £3 million self-contained building on the Warwick Road campus offers pupils one of the most comprehensively equipped and technologically advanced music facilities in the region.
As a result, the independent school’s capacity has increased to involve many more of its 1,000 pupils in learning, practising and performing music.
Lead specifiers, Malcolm Payne Group (Birmingham) provided architectural excellence in the creation of the integrated music centre for teaching, study and performance. The David Turnbull Music School – named after a former head of music at Solihull School – includes a spacious 100-seat recital room and a recording studio with direct audio and video links to the main performance spaces.
The practice, teaching and ensemble rooms are grouped around a central atrium, together with a computer suite designed to encourage a new generation of young composers.
Gooding Aluminium’s Axis patterned sheets have received a chorus of approval since being utilised as decorative and protective facing panels to the recital room entrance doors at the school.
The clean cut lines of the matt anodised Axis pattern deliver a crisp contemporary look and by minimising undesirable reflections, deliver high levels of optical performance.
• Aluminium is great for incorporating into environmentally sensitive applications, such as this one.
• Environmentally friendly aluminium is the only recyclable material that more than pays for it’s own re-cycling costs!
• Re-cycling aluminium into new forms only requires 5% of the energy that originally produced it.
• All manufactured aluminium is effectively a stored energy bank for future generations.
• Aluminium is only 1/3rd the weight of steel.
• Aluminium’s surface has a self generating and repairing oxide coating which makes it corrosion resistant and therefore less expensive to maintain than steel and other corrodible metals.
Gooding Aluminium are a national and international supplier of a wide range of high quality aluminium sheets, aluminium profiles and ‘made to order’ aluminium products with ‘invisible’ fixing solutions. For more information about bespoke or ready made aluminium products, visit our website at www.goodingalum.com
Our modern 5 Star Processing Service accurately and rapidly fabricates Suspended Ceilings & Trays to meet your precise specification.
For your preferred pattern choose from our diverse range of perforated sheets in mill, satin brush or powder coated finishes.
In the example below, perforated aluminium ceiling panels were used in a leisure facility in Hackney Marshes.
Click on the images to view the gallery!
You might like to know that we are able to produce specially sized and shaped perforated aluminium panels with plain borders. These items can also be processed to anodised, powder coated and satin brushed finishes. Please contact us with your requirements.
Standard stock sizes of perforated aluminium sheet can be ordered online today for prompt dispatch.