Project: Queen Mary University London Antenna Measurement Laboratory
Location: East London
Product: Perforated Aluminium Balustrade Panels
Finish: Powder Coated RAL 3020
Antenna research at Queen Mary was established in 1968 and since then they have built an international reputation for research in the areas of microwave antennas and electromagnetic analysis. Comprehensive experimental facilities are available at Queen Mary University and are housed in the Antenna Measurement Laboratory. In January 2009, the University was awarded a CIF bid worth just under £1.4 million to refurbish the Antennas Measurement Lab buildings and facilities.
Aluminium Balustrade Panels at Queen Mary University London
Gooding Aluminium supplied custom-made aluminium balustrade panels for the refurbishment of the laboratory buildings.
The 3mm material thickness aluminium panels with 22mm diameter perforations were specially produced with plain borders (on all sides) for Queen Mary’s comprehensive experimental Antenna Measurement facilities.
The panels were finished in a Traffic Red powder coat. Fabricated aluminium angle profiles were also manufactured by Gooding Aluminium’s workshop to facilitate corner detailing.
For more project and product details you can visit www.goodingalum.com
About Perforated Aluminium Balustrade Panels
GA’s modern ‘5 Star Processing Service’ accurately and rapidly manufactures custom-made aluminium balustrade panels.
The full range of GA’s perforated sheet patterns is available for incorporation into specially detailed and sized panels, we can:
Manufacture aluminium perforated sheets
Specialise in made to measure components
Produce panels for balustrade infils
Surface finish in satin brush or powder coat
Incorporate fixing holes
The results of independent testing on Gooding’s balustrade infil panels (to BS 8200:1985 / For containment of people) can be viewed here.
Aluminium awareness information
- Aluminium is great for incorporating into environmentally sensitive applications
- Environmentally friendly aluminium is the only recyclable material that more than pays for it’s own re-cycling costs!
- Re-cycling aluminium into new forms only requires 5% of the energy that originally produced it.
- All manufactured aluminium is effectively a stored energy bank for future generations.
- Aluminium is only 1/3rd the weight of steel.
- Aluminium’s surface has a self generating and repairing oxide coating which makes it corrosion resistant and therefore less expensive to maintain than steel and other corrodible metals
The Queen Mary University Case Study is available to download here:
Gooding Aluminium are a national and international supplier of a wide range of high quality aluminium sheets, aluminium profiles and aluminium extrusions with ‘invisible’ fixing solutions. For more information about bespoke or ready made aluminium products, subscribe by RSS, or by Email or visit our main site at www.goodingalum.com
Follow us on Twitter @Gooding_Alum